Thursday, May 3, 2012

ITA Rankings Released

ITA rankings are released several times throughout the spring season and we have been steadily climbing up the West regional rankings.  It is exciting to chart the teams progress from my first season when we were 15th, then we moved to 12th in my second year and finished last year in the top 10.  Now at #7 it is a personal high for myself and every one of our current players.

I'm proud of this rise, as I feel it reflects the work that our team puts in to constantly improve and push ourselves.  So, I am happy to announce a new chapter in Whitman Tennis as we were just ranked #29 in the country.  We know there is much work to do this season as we await selection Monday to find out where and when we will play in the NCAA tournament, but for now we can enjoy the milestone of being nationally ranked.

In other ranking news, Alyssa is ranked 2nd in the West singles and Courtney is 4th, together they are 2nd in doubles.


-John