Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Going back to Cali

After winning our first NWC Tournament Championship, we found out Monday that we're off to the regional rounds of the NCAA national tournament in Claremont, CA.  Here are the details for this weekend.  

For me, a native Californian who loves the golden state, the Northwest always called to me and Whitman has provided the perfect home and community for building a championship tennis team.  Whitman has also become home to many amazing college tennis players with 5 Californian's on our roster, so it is going home for many of us to play down South.

I can't tell you how excited I am to play my alma mater in UC Santa Cruz as well as being in a regional with all of the West teams who have been battling each other all season long.  Now its playoff time our team is ready to represent the Northwest and do some damage at NCAA's.

Here is the schedule:
Friday 3pm #5 Whitman vs #4 UC Santa Cruz
Saturday 2pm  winner plays #1Claremont-Mudd-Scripps
Sunday 1pm (or 2pm if #3 Pomona Pitzer is in match), Saturday winners.

Dave Holden's NCAA preview is at:

and the tournament website via host CMS is at:

We just got in an order of great navy Whitman Tennis Short and Long sleeve t's.  If you didn't order and plan to be at the tournament wanting one, please let me know and I'll bring them.  Short sleeve are $15 and Long Sleeve are $20.  Email me for size availability and if you'd like to see what they look like.

It's an exciting time, I'll try to keep the blog posts updated regularly.

John